Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » News and Updates

Post subject: RIP
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:30 am 

I know nobody will probably ever see this and that is depressing. I want to say goodbye to what was my favorite game for a long long time. You will be missed.

Post subject: Re: RIP
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:35 am 

There is certainly a lot less activity than there used to be, but even so I nearly always find others on line when I stop by. Hopefully activity will pick up again.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:10 pm 

needs a proper injection for that to happen.
wouldn't mind at all seeing it come to live though.

but that's ... been said over and over .. and over and over .. and .. so many times it's kinda pointless hoping :X

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 pm 

I didn't even realize this game was up and running still until a couple weeks ago. I've checked the forums from time to time and saw it's been relatively dead, so I assumed the game wasn't up and running.

I used to play on the 3d client version and it stopped working for me about 2 or 3 years ago, so I ended up quitting. For some reason, I recently tried the 2d version a couple weeks ago and was surprised to see that it worked. I've probably 20-30 games since then, but mostly against SarsAI.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've logged in probably about 20 times and about half the time I end up seeing 1 or 2 other players online. Some of them are new, and some are players I remember playing with/against a few years ago.

Out of curiosity, what's the status of this game? Is anyone working on it? Who is maintaining it? Are there any plans to revive it?

I'd love to come back and start playing this game again if there were people to play against. I always enjoyed playing sealed and drafts.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 am 
Lead Developer

It is always hard to admit, that I'm not working on project for a while and cant tell if I will return to it or when this might happen. I wanted to try working on it again, but then I got new job, then I was promoted and so on...
I always think about returning to game, but never find enough motivation to drop everything else and finally start working on TFW again. I hope, that this eventually will happen.

What about the server, it is running, and will be running for a long time, since it currently cost me about 25$ per month due to low activity. I have no plans to shut it down and it require very little time to maintain it. So unless something extraordinary will happen server will be alive for a long time, as it lived last several month without almost any activity from me.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 pm 

I would still like to play, I've been checking this game every few months for the last 2 years it seems. If it's not dead, I'd love to play. Even though I don't have the cards really.

Board index » News and Updates