This update contains various fixes to the user interface and many new features for it. See below for details. In addition, when you select "Against Computer" in the browser version, the computer will now play better than before and it will use enchantments and spells unlike before.
- The smarter version of the AI is now used everywhere when you select the higher difficulty ("normal" in browser and "hard" in downloadable client). Previously the browser version of the game used this version only in scenarios, while the downloadable client did so everywhere.
- You can now take a screenshot by pressing the F12 key in game. The resulting picture will be saved in the game folder when using the downloadable client or in a folder of your choosing when using the browser version.
- The default decks were changed. They are now built from cards used in the campaigns.
- Ranked games can now be started only with default settings (map size, flux, glory goal, etc.) and 2, 3 or 4 players.
- The loading time of scenarios with many figures at start was reduced greatly (some from 15 to 1-2 seconds).
- There is now a fee of 30 acorns for the Expert Clash.
- A referrer being passed in an URL now works correctly (http://www.thefarwilds.com/flash/thinfl ... ref=Altren would open account creation with "Altren" as refferer)
- The words "gold" and "acorns" were replaced with images of gold and acorns.
- The private chat box is now resizeable.
- The box containing another player's hand (when some special power lets you see it, or when you are observing a battle) is now resizeable.
- The big card picture in the Army and Market tabs does not run away from your mouse so fast anymore (there is now a half a second delay which is enough to move mouse pointer over it).
- The numbers indicating how many you own of each card are now updated instantly in the market whenever a card is bought or sold. (There was a bug causing them not to update.)
- Font size 9 is no longer used with resolutions lower than 1024 x 600 except in main chat and the lobby's battle list.
- A text explaining ladder rewards was added.
- The Army, Market and Scenarios tabs now show "You need to create an account" for Guest users.
- A rare flash exception happening when some tournaments closed is now fixed.
- The acorn costs were removed from user scenarios.
- A mute button was added to options and icons used in the options menu were updated.
- The text of the big button for joining the Expert Clash was fixed.
- There is now a tooltip displaying the contents of a hex in battle. It appears when hovering over a hex.
- The scenarios' dialogue boxes were moved to the center of the screen.
- Instead of disabling buttons, a window for purchasing gold will be opened when the player doesn't have enough gold for a task.
- Now a sound will be played whenever a clash (tournament) is created.
- The windows related to fees were improved (added proper fee icons & changed layout).
- The pop-up windows that show the fees and prizes of a tournament now display the currency of the fee as well (whether it's acorns or gold).
- Some refinements were made to the market interface:
- Enter key now changes price.
- "Gold" column was removed and current price is displayed in the edit box instead.
- Added an icon for gold.
- Added a "Buying and Selling" tab.
- The pop-up user interface related to a given card in the market was improved (you can now change/remove all your offers related to a card in this window).
- Single space enchantments are now placed in the bottom middle of a hex instead of bottom left (less likely to be hidden by figures).
- The small button near a hex, showing its tooltip was removed (browser version only).
- The vision of figures you are about to cast is displayed again.
- The delay with territory outline being updated that had appeared after the previous update is now fixed.
- The autodraw was fixed to properly give you a domain card for casting 4+ domain level cards like Athal the Horrible and Rithig, Titan Pariah.
- A bug with creatures not being properly destroyed after some spells was fixed.
- A few minor cards description issues were fixed.
- Many server side optimizations were made for battles, the AI and Scenarios.
- There were various fixes and changes to texts in all campaigns.
- The flash header on the main page was fixed (now correctly displayed on all popular web browsers and when zoomed).