Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » News and Updates

Post subject: State of the Wilds
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 pm 

Hello everyone sorry for the lack of updates and progress on the game. I've had a lot going on so haven't been able to get anything done on it.
Unfortunately I also haven't been able to find funding for a big advertising push which is what TFW needs to make it sustainable. At this point the opportunity cost has become too great and I have to start working on something else since TFW isn't paying me and I can only work so long without an income.
Is TFW dead?
No it is just resting like the good ol' Slumbering Titan. The server will stay up as long as people still buy some gold occasionally to pay for it and I'll still fix card bugs as they come up. I will come back to it for sure when I am able. And there is a pretty good chance I'll be able to find the money at some point to give it the proper amount of promotion it needs to make it a sustainable business.
Also if there are any good programmers out there I'd be happy to let you continue developing the game.

I will also still set up a tournament for gold that kicks off whenever there is enough made from the market tax.

Post subject: Re: State of the Wilds
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:56 pm 

Oh no! Sorry to hear that Jed! :cry: I really like this game and will buy some gold soon!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 pm 
The Dark Platypus

The good news is the game is not dead.

Jed... would you consider changing payout from Acorns back to Power before you being your hiatus? I strongly feel it will help keep people playing the game. I have several new people that have just recently joined.

|| The Rise of the DCC | Plasmatium Netherious | Tastes Like Chicken | The Astridian Conspiracy ||

Guild -> | Platypus Rising|

Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:46 pm 

Seconding Keyser. Also please make ladder give gold again. Granted it may be abused but at this point who cares as long as it keeps the game going longer, and it won't really cost you anything.

Finally, I'll say it again, Farwilds is the best online game I've ever played. Congrats on making it and hope you have success with whatver you do next.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:23 pm 

Jed just wanted to say....Ive enjoyed the game thus far. And i really dont have anything but admiration for tha game. I think its good even if it has problems...i dunno a game that doesnt have those though. Im sorry you couldnt make a business out of it but i really hope u return and continue to at least put some small effort into....i love the game. and there are many others that do as well even. as huger said thanks for a great game. ill be very sad if it dies. If people dont wanna stick around though i guess its their loss. Really fun game. Even when i got my arse kicked in the very early stages of this game....i had alot of fun doing it....cause thats just how i am. i love growing in a game and learning. Actually i think the days of getting my ass kicked were the best. And if we no longer hear from u then good luck with all future endeavors. may tfw be with u :)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:12 pm 

Thanks for a great game - well thought out and well executed. Hope you get a chance to get it rolling again! It sure deserves it.

If it gets to the point where you'd have to shut down the server, would you please consider releasing it as free software?

I'd also like to second the idea of getting power back to EC. Things aren't the same without it.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:13 am 

I guess we all saw it coming... Good game, though... sucks to see this happen now. I'll be happy to continue programming on the game, if you'd like... though I can't say I'm the greatest programmer out there. At least I get to fulfill one of my ambitions.

Also, remember what we spoke about a month ago? Well... I can make one more push with the game in this state. At the very least I can try to take up the hosting costs. Could you PM me the expenses on that end? The hosting and bandwidth overhead.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:48 am 

Don't give up man, I may not have the cash but I'm supporting you 200%. I don't have much to say myself, only that this situation reminds me of Galatic Civilizations II and Elemental War of Magic: they start out like crap, and they get much better in the middle and end. I definitley see this game going down that road, it still has that "diamond in the rough" potential.

This is the only MMO (although I suppose MO is more appropriate ;)) I have actually managed to like for more than a few months (and that's saying a lot), so it has my respect. Hope this game revives soon. :D

And following the crowd, PLZ put power back into the EC! :mrgreen:

Also, I might be able to help out with programming, seeing as I've learned a fair bit from TFW's scripting system.

Hoping for the best.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:11 am 

not saying anything new. I love this game and would love to see it keep going.
Also agreed that putting power back in EC will go a long way to keeping people around.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:59 am 

Suppose there are daily ecs with a total prize per day of 100 gold
If 150 gold adds one rare to the economy, then that means ~243 rares added to the economy per year. This means that someone who is trying for a full collection of 3 of every card would have to win all the gold from every tournament for years.

I don't see the reason for taking away players incentives to continue playing the game. Yes it might discourage some players from purchasing gold but its still virtually impossible for players to amass a full collection without spending real money. While having too much free gold in the economy is a bad thing (players dont need to spend real money), having none at all will make people quit the game even faster. The main reason people play the game is so that they can win prizes that make the game easier to play.

In short: players are more willing to spend real money when they can win real prizes.

Also I have some C,C++ experience so I might be able to help out a little though I can't really do a full time commitment.

Board index » News and Updates