Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Game Talk

Post subject: The Weekly Platypi - Issue 4: The Astridian Conspiracy
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:16 pm 
The Dark Platypus

The Astridian Conspiracy: An investigative Report

Dear readers, this week's Platypi veers off of our planned posting, which was to be another interview. That interview has been postponed until next week's issue in light of a new development. This morning, our offices received a secret memo from one of our undercover field reporters. The implications of this memo could drastically impact the Far Wilds world, so we are printing the memo it in lieu of our original plans.

As you well know, Kingdoms around the world have an Astridian placed somewhere in their government, usually in an advisory position.

Everyone who has ever dealt with an Astridian knows of their intelligence and extremely savvy business skills. It's been said that trading with an Astridian is as good as giving away your possessions for free.

Beyond their intelligence, their business skills, and their political neutrality, very little is known about these strange and mysterious peoples. Until now.

Rather than publishing a copy of the handwritten memo, we have re-typed it below to avoid the possibility of the handwriting giving away our agent. We have also blacked out any portions of the message what would compromise our field reporter's identity.

------------------------

Attention: The Weekly Platypi
Regarding: Astridia

This writing may be squalid and hurried. Apologies for any grammatical or spelling mistakes. I am writing this in secret during the brief moments of privacy I get each day.

I have successfully infiltrated the lowest levels of the Astridian nation, gaining access to one of their outer circles in ######.

The following is a brief consolidation of my findings:

The Astridians are more mysterious than I imagined. The more I find out about them, the more questions are raised. No one outside of the Astridian nation is ever allowed knowledge of these people.

Their history is a closely guarded secret. All I have been able to deduce is that they trace their origins back to the ancient kingdoms, and are proud of this heritage. I suspect the knowledge of history and origins holds some magical secrets - a proposition made more suspect by the fact that Astridian's publically forbid any of there members to use or practice magic.

As you know, there is no Astridian nation on a map. There are no borders that mark Astridian territory. They publicly claim to be politically neutral and have an established presence in most every known kingdom throughout our world save for Cor Mollion. The depth of their penetration into the major kingdoms is impressive, to say the least. I've uncovered no fewer than two dozen agents in ####### and another handful in ######. Some of these are very low government positions, whereas others are advisers of the highest order. Beyond the publicly seen advisers, I've learned of two secret advisers in ##### with direct access to the King's ear.

Overhearing bits and pieces of conversations among my small circle of Astridians, I suspect that they do have a private political agenda. My hunch is that they want a one world government of which they pull all the strings. That they have established themselves in high government positions throughout the land belies this purpose.

Their intelligence is even higher than I previously thought. It seems that they hide the full extent of their true intellectual genius from the world. While the world knows they are smart, they don't realize just how smart. The intellectual puzzles Astridians complete for fun in their spare time would keep even the most motivated of us occupied for weeks!

Their intelligence, political savvy, public neutrality, high government positions, guarded secrets, illustrious history, and the way they manage to be go overlooked and stay just under the radar -- all these lead this reporter to believe something is rotten in the Far Wilds.

Signed,
#######
-----------------------

Therein ends the memo. Take it as you will, dear readers. Do you believe these to be the hysterical writings of an agent in the field too long? Or do you also see something behind the mysterious workings of the Astridians?

This writer wonders if something Astridian this way comes.

|| The Rise of the DCC | Plasmatium Netherious | Tastes Like Chicken | The Astridian Conspiracy ||

Guild -> | Platypus Rising|

Post subject: Re: The Weekly Platypi - Issue 4: The Astridian Conspiracy
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:54 pm 
The Dark Platypus

The OFFICIAL information on Astridians (direct from the developers) can be found here

|| The Rise of the DCC | Plasmatium Netherious | Tastes Like Chicken | The Astridian Conspiracy ||

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:00 pm 

I really doubt they'd be such an evil-minded creatures.
As I see it they're just keepers of knowledge who wants to have that Knowledge under control, they choose very carefully who can have which piece of information, to keep Wilds in balance and not letting anyone destroy it..
When to pass someone a bit of their wisdom, but also, on the other hand, when to take it from someone's possession, so he can't misuse it..
Don't blame me if I am not completely correct, I just rather see the positive part of ppl (etc.) .. :)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:11 pm 
The Dark Platypus

Perhaps. Interpretations could go either way. Our field agent is quite trustworthy and his track record is impressive. His previous undercover reports have revealed some startling conspiracies. I'm sure you remember the Ix Execution Scandal of '04? And the Dwarven Union Wars a few years back? He was responsible for helping uncover both of those.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:10 pm 

Oh sure I do. Trying to decieve Gods by sacing already dead bodies without souls (so called zombies) was really stupid thing to do. That 'priest' difinitely deserved his fate.
I definitely didn't mean to lower your agent's skills or observing abilities, but you must admit that after being through such a terrible events as those you pointed out above, he must have changed. Maybe he now sees mischief in too many places..
You should consider psychic health tests :)
(Or try to capture one Diplomat and get some informations directly from him.. May the Gods be with you then. (But I heard souls of (especially those still young ones) diplomats are really valued in highest quarters, so that might be the way to go.)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:56 pm 
The Dark Platypus

You seem to venture into dangerous circles, sir.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:38 pm 

For quite a some time already, yes, thanks for asking!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 pm 
The Dark Platypus

Our HR department will keep an eye on you should a position open for undercover reporter/field agent. The turnover rate tends to be high on such positions as...well..as undercover work is...how can I say...somewhat....dangerous....

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:10 pm 

If you knew who I in fact am, you'd suddenly understood danger means nothing to me..
But I am afraid I will disapoint you - I am not up for working under any organization. Might help you from time to time with some more interesting things tho..
(But I doubt that's still for everyone's ear to hear?)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:11 pm 
The Dark Platypus

Oh, we know who you are.

Board index » Game Talk