Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » News and Updates

Post subject: Massive Wiki Update Effort
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:21 pm 
The Dark Platypus

The wiki is in dire need of some loving help and attention. It feels neglected and sad.
I am going to try to head up the effort of wiki updates, but I'll need -your- help to get it all done.

If you'd like to be involved, please please please let me know by posting here:

The following two links show all pages currently in the wiki

Abrixian Sparker to Sadathian Mercenaries
Salvage to Zwar Guide

In the near future, I will be attempting to go through and task what needs to be updated, what needs to be changed, what needs to be deleted, and what needs to be added.

If something jumps out at you that -you- want to do, let me know that as well.

|| The Rise of the DCC | Plasmatium Netherious | Tastes Like Chicken | The Astridian Conspiracy ||

Guild -> | Platypus Rising|

Post subject: Re: Massive Wiki Update Effort
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:07 pm 

Keyser, I know that I posted about the wiki recently. It is in dire need of changes and I hope that we soon will be able to make it shine forth as a jewel.

Nevertheless, I also remember that we started to talk about making changes to the wiki just before jed decided to pull the plug on the game. I now suggest that we wait until we have more information about the new management's plans for the game. In particular, I suggest we wait until we have information regarding the financial backing. After all, we don't want to spend hours and hours on something that might not exist in a couple of months (as was the case last time around when I started on the wiki).

Let's hope for the best!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:16 pm 
Lead Developer

Could you explain a little bit about what exactly are you waiting for? Because you saying this like I or grug already know the we need to write something about out financial plans/backing/income/outcome/something else you expect. If you are saying about infusion of funds - we need to fix and change many things first and also summer is bad time for promotion and similar stuff, so we are not going to spend money on game now.

What about very long term plans - if everything will be way too bad I only can say that I was making this game for free after I stopped working for Jed, I'm working for free right now and I'm able to continue using my spare time for game in future. But I guess things won't be too bad anyway, so that's even easier.

Voices wrote:
After all, we don't want to spend hours and hours on something that might not exist in a couple of months (as was the case last time around when I started on the wiki).
Did all that information was lost? "spend hours and hours", well, we are willing to pay ingame gold for good work, but we can't afford anything else. And of course can't tell if game will start growing fast or not.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 am 

I was planning to go through and add pictures to as many of the cards as I had time for. Is there any particular procedure for that? I was planning to take in game screen shots and crop out everything but the art. (I did Astridian Diplomat, Luminessence, and Insatiable Symbiote so far)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 pm 
Lead Developer

I'm still not sure if wee need all cards there. They are always a bit outdated and not complete. May be we will remove them later, or replace with automatically generated content.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:20 am 

Automatically generated content would be the way to go. I think it is good to have all the cards on the wiki so people can look up cards without having to boot up the game. Say you are at a different computer and want to think of combos.

Board index » News and Updates