Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » News and Updates

Post subject: Kickstarter?
 Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:06 pm 

Why hasnt this been kickstarted yet?

Obviously, I know it's because those who could, havent - but damn is this ever begging for it!

And for that matter, why can't we get it on iOS?

Dreams from a dreamer... that no one's likely to see anyway.

Post subject: Re: Kickstarter?
 Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:54 pm 
Lead Developer

Kickstarter require way more work, than it looks like. I require at least 1-2 months or promoting/content preparing stuff and I'm bad at both to do them myself.

What about iOS - it was in close plans when I was working on game last time, I even succeeded to run browser version as native app on android. From the other hand adapting this to iOS and Android require major UI and play controls redesign.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:17 am 
The Dark Platypus

I could help with kickstarter promotion/content. (writing that kind of stuff is one of my strengths).

Also.: IOS needs to happen =) (It's one of the main things I told Jed about a long time ago when I wrote up a marketing bit for him)

|| The Rise of the DCC | Plasmatium Netherious | Tastes Like Chicken | The Astridian Conspiracy ||

Guild -> | Platypus Rising|

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 pm 

What would be the goals of the kickstarter campaign? I guess a new expansion, the iPad app, improved player(s) vs AI experience (more campaigns, a better AI etc.) and more UI improvements (maybe a whole new web app)? Then as strech goals (in case the target amount of money is exceeded greatly) there could be an Android app and even another new expansion (perhaps smaller than the first one).

Quote:
From the other hand adapting this to iOS and Android require major UI and play controls redesign.
Actually since mouse hovering doesn't have a necessary function in battle, nor does right button clicking or the keyboard, it would be pretty easy to adapt battle UI to a touchscreen. Not that hard for the market or army management either: there is really just the "big card" which is a questionable design anyway.

Board index » News and Updates